Friday, October 4, 2019

Breakfast


We arrive in Tromso - also known as “The Paris of the North” - this afternoon with lots of time for exploring as we have not booked an excursion.

The food is delicious and varied, and I’m trying to make wise choices... Here is part of my typical breakfast - fruit, coffee, oatmeal. I did have an egg today and a slice of toast with orange marmalade. But despite the presence of meats and cheeses along with cold fish delicacies, I’m not tempted away from the oatmeal which is outstanding. And there is always bountiful fruit including grapefruit, orange, Norwegian pears to take back to the cabin or eat there, honeydew, cantaloupe, watermelon, papaya, etc. 

I usually bring a little snack back to the cabin for the afternoon. They have crackers covered with seeds that they also sell in the shop. They are delicious with a slice of cheese. And what I would really like as a souvenir is a Norwegian pear tree that I could plant in the back yard. I have never tasted pears (even better than Asian, my favorite) like these. 

Also, I’m including a photo of my polar certificate lest my presence past the Arctic Circle is ever in question. I’ll simply whip out my Polarsirkel Sertifikat as proof.





1 comment:

  1. I'd keep that polar certificate in my wallet at all times! You never know when you'll be stopped and asked to present it.

    ReplyDelete