Saturday, March 23, 2024

Pastelle da nata!

 These tasty tarts were so delicious, that I had to give them their own post. I wanted a treat for my coffee in the morning, so after dinner, we set out to look for a pastelle de nata shop. There were many pastry shops, but we did not find this lovable Lisbon treat in any of them. (Maybe they were sold out as it was close to 7 PM?)

Finally, we came across this authentic shop where the workers wore impressive uniforms. I did not know what these pastries looked like, so I was surprised they were small tarts. (Should have Googled it.) 

 

We quickly bought four, which came in little blue boxes, adding to the allure. 


The pastry chef hard at work for more inventory.

Full disclosure: Did I pop one in my mouth when we returned to the apartment? I did not. I do have some willpower. But mostly, I was so filled from dinner. Plus I knew the first taste had to be tomorrow with my coffee. 

PS - The next morning, the coffee from the Nespresso machine was incredible and the pastelle de nata were every bit (and more) delicious than anyone had described.

No comments:

Post a Comment