Friday, September 30, 2016

Africa: 1 more day!

Wow. I can hardly believe that our departure is almost here. We'll leave at around 8 AM tomorrow to get to Tulsa and fly to Atlanta. From there, we have a bit of a wait until we board the plane for Johannesburg around 8:15 PM. But, I'd rather wait in Atlanta than in Bartlesville.

The weather here has been beautiful - finally. Cool and sunny. It's been delightful to have the windows open after so many months of heat warnings. As a result, I've been in the mood to do more cooking to keep Robert in fine form while I'm away. I made another batch of granola, baked some of Kasia's terrific artisan bread and then froze it, made mac 'n cheese and today I made chicken soup. It might sound like a lot, but I really enjoy cooking, so it was fun for me with the windows open and the cool breeze floating in.

What's on the schedule for tonight? Well, according to NASA, at about 7:30, we may be able to catch a glimpse of the International Space Station. Here's the link to see if you have a chance of seeing it: https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/home.cfm

No comments:

Post a Comment