Saturday, September 24, 2016

Africa: 7 days and counting

There was a little hiccup yesterday... I found out the maximum carry-on luggage measurements for Delta are: 14 x 22 x 9. My favorite carry-on is one inch longer and wider, and I was worried this would cause my suitcase to be gate checked. Not something I want to deal with upon arrival in Johannesburg.

So, as much I do not need a new suitcase, I went shopping. Fortunately, I found a Travel Pro that is the right dimensions. I also discovered that this is the brand flight attendants use. So I'm hoping that they will let me board with it for the US flight as well as the three flights within Africa. It would simplify things so much.

Here's a photo of my old favorite "Big Red" and the new one. Amazingly, I was able to pack just about everything in the new one, including some items I'm bringing for Gates. And there might just be a silver lining here - the new one will be lighter and much easier to manage.


No comments:

Post a Comment