Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Lucerne

Hotel Alpina (my home for 2 nights) was very close to the train station, so I was able to find it somewhat easily. 

 

They upgraded me to a double room which provided two beds, a more spacious interior and (possibly) the ultimate - this little patio which is also my bogging spot!

 

Next I headed off to find dinner and found Rossini near the famous Chapel Bridge. I had pasta with homemade meat sauce and these unusual small pieces of bread. 

The elevator caused me a bit of trouble. There's a tiny button to press to call it to your floor. However, there is no "bing" upon arrival as is common in the States, so I waited and waited until finally noticing that the call button's light had gone out. I then opened the door and voila - there it was. 

The buttons also provided a bit of mystery until I just assumed "E" was the bottom choice and must be the lobby. 

 Lucerne promises to be an interesting city to explore tomorrow.












 



No comments:

Post a Comment