Friday, July 25, 2025

Moderna Museet 1

The Modern Art Museum is on another island, but I was able to hop on the #76 bus and get fairly close. The buses in Stockholm have their own lanes, and they go under the streets in tunnels at various points. 



It was a beautiful day to walk along the water to the museum. 
Outside the museum were some Calder sculptures.




I started off (again) with lunch at the cafe. I like that the entrees include salad and bread. Today I had sej which translates into saithe which further translates into pollock. It came with new potatoes, root vegetables, Cole slaw, and magnificent choices of bread, one of which had a mild anise flavoring. 








Above is my view from the cafe. 

As I entered the first exhibit, I noticed a strange plopping, gurgling noise. As I turned around, I realized it was Robert Rauschenberg's Mud Muse:










These pieces reminded me of hermit crabs: 





This umbrella, made entirely of sponges, had no placard that I could find. I thought it was very interesting. 

I liked this one of the seasons: 


I didn't really understand Edvard's Munch's work until I saw a solo exhibit of his in Bergen, Norway. Now I understand the emotional intense pain that was part of his life and informed much of his work. 



 

Louise Bourgeois is known for her towering metal spider sculptures. I've never seen any other work by her that wasn't in metal. This piece was very unusual. 


A surprise piece by Yoko Ono:


 

1 comment:

  1. What wonderful artwork you saw! Giuseppe Arcimboldo is one of my favorite artists. I've often used his examples as prompts for assignments and self-portraiture (as I'm sure many art teachers have in the past!).

    ReplyDelete