Sunday, September 24, 2023

Coffee this morning

 I awoke early and then went on a search for coffee. We are staying at a hotel connected to an assisted living facility. It sounds strange, but it's terrific! It's managed by the United Methodist Church and called Hotel Altos. The residents all seem to be either quite old or with disabilities. But a full-serve hotel (except for morning coffee) is connected to it. Very modern, clean and beautiful.

The rooms are spacious with patios and nice views. The food is incredible. We had a four course dinner last night beginning with a cream soup, venison appetizer, pork with red cabbage and of course, the ever present spaetzle. Desert was a chestnut parfait (that's my best translation...).

There's no coffee machine in the rooms, so I had scoped out the possibilities last night and discovered a coffee machine in the room where we met to received our keys. Coffee was 3.50 CHF. The machine only accepted coins, but I had a 5 CHF coin, so I was in business. 

But it gave no change, just a credit. Fortunately, I also had a 2 CHF coin which I used to get another cup. The cups were only filled about and inch or inch and a half. So for 5 CHF, I got a somewhat full cup of coffee. I was happy. Back to my room to sip and blog. 




View out of the patio.
Dining room - a scrumptious breakfast buffet this morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment