Saturday, September 10, 2022

Biking and Wandering

 The bike shop was at the bottom of the hill, so I headed for the funicular. There were helmets there to rent, so I needn't have dragged my helmet all this way. (But on the other hand, it does fit very well.) I got a bike that was quite comfortable considering it had straight instead of curved handlebars. They also had electric bikes, but since the route I chose was flat, I opted for a traditional bike. 

The bike lanes on the path (one going north, the other going south) occasionally veered into marked street lanes (still felt safe, though) and was adjacent to the St. Lawrence making for good views. I cycled for about 40 minutes and then turned around to explore the other direction. I passed the ferry to Levis which we might take later - the views are supposed to be outstanding. A gigantic Princess cruise ship was docked nearby, so it was interesting to cycle past that. 

After returning the bike, I wandered some more and found a MOBA - a museum of bad art! Really! I was tempted to go in, but since I'm not a fan of bad art (but whose opinion is this? so maybe I should have entered...), I decided on lunch instead. It's terrific they have so many outside dining choices, although that makes sense since the weather was clear and sunny, even a bit hot. 

Afterwards, I hiked up the stairs (whew) to the Dufferin Terrace where I commenced to wander some more. One art gallery had some very unusual tile art. 

All the walking and the heat made me decide to take a break and go swimming. So, that's where I'm headed now. 

The funicular to the Lower Town
A park in Lower Town
Along the St. Lawrence
Museum of Bad Art - or so someone says (!)
Lunch at La Pizz
Lower town scenic street
 
I was able to swim some "laps" by swimming around that center pillar.


1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful city! Your pics definitely make me want to visit, since the last time I was there I was too small to remember. I would have HAD to check out the Musee du Bad Art though! It's got me so curious.

    ReplyDelete