Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Leaving Soon For Quebec and Montreal

 Bonjour mes amies!

I haven't been out of the US since my trip to Dubai in 2020. A friend and I were planning on a river cruise in France but then cancelled it. The tour company was a little difficult, and I got scared of Covid. 

So, we changed our minds and opted for a Road Scholar trip to Quebec which also features whale watching in the small town of Tadoussac. 

 It occurred to me as I finished completing the Arrival Canada app that this trip is a great way to ease into international travel.  Not across the ocean, but still out of the USA.

I've been brushing up on my high school French with Duolingo. So, good news! I'll be able to greet just about anybody, and tell them I'm doing well. (That should get me through the first day or so.)

The guidebook below has been immensely helpful. One classic French Canadian dish that's heartily recommended is poutine - a dish of french fries and cheese curds topped with a brown gravy. We'll see... 

I'm actually much more interested in the croissants, especially the au chocolat ones. 






No comments:

Post a Comment