Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Ferry to Sharjah

I wanted to explore Sharjah, a city slightly north and was happy to discover that the Dubai ferry leaves from the Dubai Creek area near several metro stations. It travels to Sharjah in a quick 35 minute trip. These work-arounds help to speed my travels.

The ferry was spacious and smooth with a small cafe for coffee and treats. The trip was interesting as it showed me a completely different view of the UAE from the water.

The ferry docked at the transport center beside the Sharjah Aquarium and Maritime Museum. But I thought I’d save those two museums for later on in the afternoon, possibly on my way back to Dubai. I wanted to see the some of the souks, the Sharjah Art Museum, the Museum of Calligraphy, the Heritage Museum and the Museum of  Islamic Civilization. I know - a lot to take in for one day.


 Sign announcing Sharjah ferry sailing.

One of the souks.

Fishing boats on the Dubai Creek.



Inside of the ferry.

Seller of scarves in one of the souks.

Docked ferry.





1 comment:

  1. That is a pretty schmancy ferry there! Everything looks so clean and well kept from the photos you've been showing.

    ReplyDelete