Saturday, February 8, 2020

Sunday morning in Dubai

After a very restful sleep, I woke up at my usual time feeling human again. My plans for today are to get more food, get oriented, swim, find the beach, talk to Paula, and explore. As many of you know, I’ve been swimming daily in Dublin, so I’m eager to jump in that pool that the apartment overlooks.

Paula and I had a long talk this morning - there is a land line here and I was able to call her on that. We will meet up on Thursday when she comes into Dubai for an appointment. Then we’ll go to Sharjah where she is singing in a concert before returning to Dubai that night. We have two extended weekends together since she’s teaching the rest of the time, so we want to make the most of our time. We discussed going to Abu Dhabi this weekend, a place we’d both like to visit. I think it’s about 90 minutes away.

I promise not to post meals/balcony views every day, but here’s one more to compare to last night’s food/view:

 Same view of last night’s with that inviting pool calling to me...

Coffee, eggs, bread and butter. 



1 comment:

  1. So glad you posted that balcony view. It looks like a picture book. So beautiful!! Happy that you cued the bird;)
    The weather must be nice too, especially if you are able to go swimming. Looks like you are well set up Barbara!

    ReplyDelete