Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Arrived!

The flight was smooth, dinner was tasty, and I dozed a bit. Just as we landed, my seatmate, Thalia, and I started talking, and she was fascinating - adventurous and curious - on her way home to Bath after visiting Columbia, South America. She was fine company as we navigated Heathrow baggage claim and found the Uber pick-up spot. 


Next stop was the hotel where my room was not ready, so I checked my luggage and took off for the nearby grocery store, Tesco, where there was a cafe. I had a much-needed health salad and a cappuccino.

 

 

Back at the hotel, the kindly receptionist upgrade my room as my stay is longer than most, and I got settled. Groceries, dinner, and an early bedtime are on the docket for the rest of the day. I'll leave my exploring for tomorrow where I'll be ready for traffic coming from an unexpected direction...

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment