Sunday, September 8, 2024

Biking in Kensington Park

The sun was finally breaking through, so I tucked my helmet (that had traveled 3200+ miles) in my backpack and set off for the bus stop which would take me to Knightsbridge. The park was a quick walk from there. 


Payment for transit is contactless via a form of payment stored in your wallet. After a few false starts, it worked seamlessly.  

I had the Santander app, which seemed straightforward and easy. I had previously logged in and set it up to be ready to go. Three tries later when I still hadn’t received the required code, I headed for the kiosk where I had somewhat of immediate success. I opted for a day pass since I knew I wanted to bike for at least 30 minutes x 2.

I inputted the code, the bike unlocked, and I was on my way. After a practice spin in car park, I took off for the path. 

It was terrific to be on a bike again. The path was well marked with directional arrows. But that didn't matter as bikers were going in all directions, along with those strolling, or wheeling baby carriages. Most of London was on the path enjoying the cloudy but clear weather. 

The mounted police/security was frequently seen.

One of several restaurants along the way.

Paddle boats (blue in the distance) were available for rent.

I heard the sound of drums and thought there might be an outdoor concert nearby. Instead it was a protest march for Palestine. The crowd was huge and went on endlessly.


1 comment:

  1. You brave lil missy! Good for you for renting and getting out on a bike. Looks like you saw some pretty sites.

    ReplyDelete