Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Sea Legs


There was much more movement of the sea on the ship than I expected, but Betty and I are fine. I did take a motion sickness pill last night just in case although I’ve never had a problem. But there was a definite swaying/rolling in the bed which I actually really like.

This morning, spray from the white caps was landing on the windows. Then we got an announcement that the ship was turning around to help a ship in distress. The turn-around was quite rocky but exciting that we were off on a mission to help. 

Then another announcement that the other ship was fine, and we would continue on our journey. I suppose we may be called upon to help another time, perhaps. 

The ship comes into port quite often as it is a ferry so some passengers are traveling from Bergen to other ports like you would on an American ferry. At some ports we’ll have time to disembark and scout around (this afternoon/evening is one such port). We also signed up for some excursions which will be longer and more involved. 

There is a briefing about today’s ports, so I need to go get updated. Later, mates!









No comments:

Post a Comment