Saturday, October 5, 2019

Tromsø- Walk and yarn

We docked at Tromsø after lunch directly on the quay and were then able to walk right off into the town. Tromsø is the largest town in the North Cape. The temperature was colder than anywhere else thus far - 39, but still not as chilly as I expected. I am grateful for layers.

We walked around the town a bit, looking at the Tromsø Cathedral from the outside. They have an English service which we would not be in town for but would have been a very pleasant experience.

Our next stop was one of the largest yarn shops I’ve seen so far in Norway. The yarn colors and choices are beautiful making a purchase decision very difficult. Cecelia, the shopkeeper was diligently looking for a scarf “recipe” for me to determine how much yarn I would need. I finally made my choice and am looking forward to a new project.

Next we went across the street to a cafe where Betty had an espresso and I had a chai latte - my first. It was delicious, but even more delightful was the way it was served and the teabag. (Perhaps here I could be compared to a child who ignores the beauty of Paris but intently focuses on a rock...)






Ronald Admunsen

No comments:

Post a Comment