Sunday, February 9, 2020

Dishwashers and Clothes Washers

Betty, this is for you! I’m not sure I posted about washers in Norway, but the one in our AirBnB in Bergen was quite difficult to operate, and had the two of us scratching our heads.

It’s the same here in the UAE.

First the dishwasher: I discovered a lot of the outlets have switches to control the electricity. Kashem showed me the one for the stove, so after I couldn’t turn on the dishwasher, I looked for a similar switch, and there it was near an opposite counter. So quick success with that.

The washer was a bit more of a challenge. So, I used my noggin, found the model number and was able to download the owner’s manual. (Thank goodness I had brought my laptop. This would have been much more challenging with an iPad.) It was easier than it appeared once all the cycles and icons were explained. 

So, it’s only 9 AM and the dishes and clothes are washed, leaving most of the day for fun. First up is breakfast, and then I’m off to explore this amazing city. 

 Laundry pile
Dryer on the balcony

1 comment:

  1. What a traveler you are!!!!
    Downloading the manual for the dishwasher. That sure is using your noggin!
    Not sure I would have come up with that? I like to hit every button until something reacts.

    ReplyDelete