Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Sharjah Calligraphy Museum

This museum (and a few others) had a table with coffee and tea set up for visitors to enjoy. The museum celebrates the art of calligraphy. This was especially fun since years ago, Paula and I had met at a ballet camp where she was the art instructor. She worked on calligraphy and later gave me a book about how to make different kinds of letters. I’ve always admired the skill required for calligraphy.

Entrance to Calligraphy Museum

Calligraphy tools


Examples of some of the calligraphy displays.













1 comment:

  1. How cool to have a museum dedicated to calligraphy. I took calligraphy this past summer with one of our instructors. He had us making out own inks and bamboo pens. Such fun! The first piece you show is so intricate and complex. It makes me wonder how long it would take someone to make that. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete