Monday, February 10, 2020

Pearl Divers And Lunch


The information on pearl divers was especially interesting as that’s how money was made in the early days. One exhibit showed the diver and his accoutrements - nose clip, ear plugs, etc. all made out of metal.

There was also an excellent exhibit with videos about the construction of a dhow using hand tools including a bow drill.

Afterwards, I went to the Arabian Tea Room nearby for a late lunch. I had mutabal which I thought was eggplant AND hummus. It was actually eggplant hummus dotted with pomegranate seeds, drizzled with olive oil and served with fresh naan. Absolutely delicious! The ceiling of the restaurant was covered reed with vines as you can see in the photo.

Ceiling of restaurant
Pearl diving accoutrements including metal nose clips and ear plugs.

Inside of restaurant



Mutabal


1 comment:

  1. Your lunch looks amazing! I am glad you are having a good time. Thank you for including me on your travel journal, I feel like I am there with you. - Amie

    ReplyDelete