Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Coffee and Laundry

 This coffee machine in Crete made amazing frothed coffee. The problem was figuring out how to use it. The first time I tried, the machine hopped around the table like it was grinding the beans. (That was the frothing.) The next time, the coffee was cold. (The lever on the top was colored blue and red. I needed to set it on red.)

 Finally figured out the steps needed for my morning coffee. I also set it up the night before. 😊

 

 

I did laundry this morning. Fortunately, a 24 hour laundromat was across the street. I had checked it out the day before, and three Americans helped with directions.

One of them had his clothes in his suitcase, so I use my under-seat carry-on as a laundry basket. 

This morning, there was no soap in the vending machine, so also no way to get change. When I asked an older man doing laundry if he spoke English, he barked, “No!”

Fortunately, a man at the restaurant next door helped by being an intermediary. Got soap, got change and was on my way to clean clothes.


The "500" means five euros to wash, and then 1 euro to dry. It was very confusing which slot was for what. My machine said "400," so someone must have put in a euro accidentally thinking the slot was for the washer when it was really for the dryer. 


                         How to wash your clothes in Greece at the laundromat.










1 comment: