Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Farewell to Crete Dinner

 Our group leader selected, Peskes, a traditional Cretan restaurant for our farewell dinner. They served family style so we could taste a variety of dishes. One dish was made with lentils, barley, cinnamon and beans. It was especially good.  The waiter nicely wrote down the name of it and the ingredients, but I cannot decipher his writing. I'll have to ask the group leader to translate!


                                                  Our group leader, Eleni.

Our dessert - a different kind of baklava: phyllo with sesame and poppy seeds and homemade ice cream.

At the end of the meal, the waiter brought a plate of tablets which looked like Tums. But once he added water, they became these “towers.”

When unrolled, they became small wipes. After using one, I took it back to the hotel, and laid it out to dry so I could show you what it looked like after use.


 




1 comment:

  1. I find myself drooling over all the delicious food you show!

    ReplyDelete