Saturday, March 11, 2023

Leaving soon for Greece

I'm super excited to be finally traveling overseas, but also a bit jittery in this sort-of-post (?) Covid world...

The Road Scholar trip to Quebec last September was so well organized and interesting, that I signed up for another one. This one flies into Athens, then on to Crete for five nights before flying back to Athens. When the trip ends, I'll stay a few days on my own before flying to Venice to meet my friend, Paula.

RS always supplies a list of books to read and one of them, The Greeks by Diane Harris Cline, is a companion to the PBS series of the same name. I highly recommend it even if you have no interest in Greece. It's a fascinating book written in a highly readable fashion with short snippets which take you through the history of the country. 

Stayed tuned for my adventures!





No comments:

Post a Comment